Well, after 6 years of living in this apartment I currently reside in, I have made the decision to move. My lease is up May 1, I hope to new moving into a new place. My decision was actually made very easily for me. Over the last 2 1/2 years, this complex has been going downhill very badly. You see, we got a new manager, and well, let’s just say almost everyone that lives here, that has lived here for 4 years or longer thinks this complex is taking section 8, when in fact they do not. Yes, she let it get that bad.
In Late September, she decided I was no longer allowed my cats, after having them for 5 years. So they live with my mom in Pittsburgh. Then the dishwasher motor went and it is going on 5 months and they have not replaced it. It was in October I decided enough is enough, I was moving out. One of my co-workers, they been nickel and dime him over the rent, and even he said he wants out. They adding fees that make no sense, personally I think the manager is pocketing the money. What I mean is, the toilet seat breaks, they tell him it would $10 to replace it. It is their toilet, why is he paying to replace it. It not like this a small complex, there is 500 people that live in 4 buildings here. When you tell one the workers a complaint, they will whisper to you, “Tell the management company, they have no idea what the manager been doing.” So I have had enough, So the search for my new place begins!
As I mentioned the dishwasher is nonoperational, so this weekend I had a lot of cooking to do, so I am someone, I really hate doing dishes by hand, so after my 10th load of dishes, I just wanted to make a recipe that is light, and did not require many dishes. I have been craving Caprese salad. I love the tomato, basil cheese combo. It, to me, is fulfilling. What I find interesting about Caprese salad is you know why it basil, tomato, and mozzarella? It is to represent the Italian flag. Just a little bit info I picked up.
Anyway, I admit, I am on a bacon kick right now. I go through phases like that with recipes where I tend to favor an ingredient. Right now it is bacon. Originally, I saw a tomato bacon salad recipe, that inspired me to change that up into this caprese salad. It turned out to be a something I really loved, and satisfied my craving for caprese salad.
A simple Caprese salad made with bacon. A recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen.
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 6 slices lean bacon (cooked until crisp and crumbled)
- 6 basil sprigs
- 1/4 cup shredded Italian Cheese
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and then place them into a bowl
- Roughly chop up the leaves off the springs of the basil, then add it to the tomatoes.
- Add the cheese, which I personally choose the Sargento's 6 cheese blend, but you can choose what you like. The add the crumbled bacon to the tomato mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the red wine vinegar and the olive oil, along with the pepper and garlic salt.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, then toss it all together so that coated with the dressing.
- Finally, spoon some out and then ENJOY!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 220
This post was most recently updated