Do you know what I really love doing in the summer? I really love going to the farmer’s market. To see all the vendors selling fresh veggies. It such a beautiful sight to be seen. I personally love the fresh veggies, so that why I think to go to the Farmer’s Market is so much fun.
If I had a house, yes I would have a garden and grow my own.I have heard that there is this hydroponic system I can get but it a little pricey plus. to run the water, just not ideal for an apartment. If they made one for an apartment, I would get so I could grow my own veggies. So the Farmer’s Market is the next best thing to go to.
Plus by going there you get it direct from the farmers. You helping them as they give you fresh veggies, that full of vitamins and minerals. We live in a word of wanting everything now and has to be quick. In that, we lost many those vitamins and minerals from our foods. I know many people are realizing this and that why many are going organic and going to Farmer’s Markets, they are like me, they want to get back to basics.
During this fresh challenge, I realized how important good fresh veggies really are to your health. I work in health care, we usually have to eat in a hurry and it a processed meal, so trust me I know how quick foods can be better for you when your doing 10,000 items at once. Making the time. Going back to basics, having fresh instead of processed. I never felt better since I cut out all that out. Why? Fresh veggies, fresh fruit, better-eating habits, I am actually getting the benefits they really have like vitamins and minerals. I know this may shock you, but I actually don’t need coffee to stay going. Yeah, you read that right. It was hard but wow, once I got rid of the coffee and concentrated on fresh food, wow talk about natural energy!
Eating fresh, I do need things quickly, I work in health care, so yes I do need the thing that is ready to go. That is where this dish is perfect. It full of the fresh veggies I come to love. It is simple to make and full of flavor. Perfect for a hot summer day when you’re tired and don’t want anything heavy, just simple, light and fulfilling.
I call it the Farmer’s Market wrap because everything you want to be put on this comes from the Farmer’s Market. Yes, you got it, fresh veggies. What makes the flavor on this is the avocado hummus. It adds that wow factor to this wrap.
#WeekdaySupper #ChooseDreams Farmer's Market Wraps with Avocado Hummus. A recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen.
- 1 ounce can garbanzo beans drained, rinsed, 16
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Tahiti
- 1/2 lemon juice of
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 large ripe avocado peeled, stoned
- 6 large tortilla wraps Basil Tomato or Spinach
- 2 cups of grilled veggies mushrooms onions, zucchini, yellow squash, asparagus
- 1 tomato sliced (optional)
- avocado hummus
- For the hummus: In a food processor, puree all the ingredients till smooth.
- You want grill your veggies, I suggest mushrooms, onions, zucchini, yellow squash, asparagus because I personally think they taste the best, but you can do what veggies you like. To grill use a grill plate for your grill that made for veggies. Saute them in a little olive oil and grill them for 2-3 minutes.
- When they are done, spread on the hummus onto the tortilla wraps. My personal favorite is the tomato basil, but if you prefer whole wheat that is good too. What is good about wraps like this is you can personalize it how you like it.
- Place a little bit lettuce down on the on the wrap over the hummus. If you want add some tomato you can, then add the grilled veggies in the center.
- Roll up the wraps, On the back the tortillas, especially the ones that say "Wraps" do give photo instructions on how to roll, but it folding in the sides to make a rectangle, then at the bottom, roll it up.
- Once rolled, sit back, relax and ENJOY!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 581kcal Calories from fat 281|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 31g||48%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||30%|
|Dietary Fiber 31g||124%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Check out this week’s Weekday Supper menu:
Tuesday – Tuna Frittata by girlichef
Wednesday – Farmer’s Market Wrap with Avocado Hummus by Seduction in the Kitchen
Thursday – Easy Pad Thai by The Dinner-Mom