Finally! A post on my desktop again! I was able to fix a few things, like the image sizes, on the posts I did on my iPad. After all the stress of not having a computer for over a month, I think it is time to relax. Pretend I am in Paris, enjoying a glass of wine in one the Parisian cafes.
A different take on French onion soup using mushrooms. A recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen
- 2 packages o sliced mushrooms (8oz)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon golden balsamic
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 cups of beef broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 envelopes of French onion and mushroom soup mix
- Saute the mushrooms in the butter for 3-4 minutes.
- Next add the heavy cream, vinagars and thyme. Continue sauting or the next 3 minutes, stirring constantly
- In crock pot add the beef broth and soup mix, stir them together.
- Add the mushrooms and stir everything together. Put the crock pot on low and let cook or 4-6 hours.
- Finally, ladle some into a bowl and enjoy with a nice glass of red wine.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 115 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 21mg Sodium: 479mg Carbohydrates: 7g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 3g Protein: 2g