Happy 2014! New Year, New beginnings! I have mentioned on the Facebook Page that I was doing a 21 day Vegan Detox Challenge. One of the things with this, besides it being vegan, was that I could not have anything artificial. Which I am good with I hate the taste of artificial. I just happened to get green matcha tea from Red Leaf Tea to review, and it happens to fit perfect with this challenge.
I have been learning about matcha and the great health benefits it has. Part this vegan challenge is I want to not only lose weight but want to be healthier too. What I like about the Red Tea company is they have many flavored matchas you can choose from. So I decided I want to make their product as my first vegan recipe! I will be honest this was also my first time trying anything vegan. I had a friend help me since he has been a vegan for 2 years. I actually like this better with the coconut milk than with cow’s milk in all honesty.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.Print
Vegan Green Tea Latte is a vegan twist on a latte using matcha tea
- 6 oz brewed green tea
- 1/2 teaspoon of Matcha powder
- 6 oz coconut milk
- optional honey to sweeten
- Add the coconut milk to the blender, also add the honey if you like it to be a little bit sweeter
- Pour in the fresh brewed green tea and blend them together.
- Slowly add the matcha, and again blend it till it is nice and frothy.
- Finally, pour into your mug and ENJOY!
- Calories: 110