Thanksgiving Meatloaf With Cranberry Balsamic Glaze is all the Thanksgiving flavors all mixed up in one meatloaf. Enjoy Thanksgiving any time of the year! A recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen
As I mentioned in the Lemon Meringue recipe, I lost a dear friend and co-worker expectantly. So I was dealing and going through the stages of grief this week, so no I didn’t feel like writing anything. Plus my mom had surgery too, so it was a long stressful week.
What usually puts me in a better mood, is decorating for Christmas, If you follow me on Instagram, you will see I have posted photos of my decor. I needed the holiday cheer to help me deal with Mike’s loss. I know I am not the only one dealing with his passing, everyone at work is going through the same thing. It came suddenly, no warning. I said at his service to a few of my friends, if I learned anything from this ordeal is that tomorrow is never guaranteed. If you have a dream, just go for it, you never know if tomorrow will never come.
Live for today, I have heard this so many time, I even said it myself. Have I done it? Yes and no. It wasn’t until Mike’s sudden passing that I actually now really understand it. It funny how events can open your eyes and mind to things.
So, today is a start of new things for me I decided, I am living for today. I did a something, I been putting off, I got a recipe posted on Today’s Food. Yes, it is the lemon pie. I am asking you as my readers to please go here, and vote it up. The more votes it gets, the better the chances it will be featured on The Today Show. Please vote it up! I maybe adding more recipes on Today’s Food. I got decide which ones.
As I said, it is the holiday season. With the holidays, there is so many great flavors this time of year. We just had Thanksgiving, but what if we could have stuffing, turkey, and cranberries anytime of the year? I admit I am a meatloaf lover. I love-making meatloaf. So why not make a meatloaf that can be Thanksgiving all year-long?
I have made a stuffed meatloaf using stuffing before. So what about substituting ground turkey for beef? A good meatloaf needs a good glaze. I made a cranberry glaze last year for Omaha Steaks Filet Mignon With Cranberry Balsamic Reduction and Blue Cheese Butter That would be perfect on a meatloaf. So Let the kitchen magic begin.
A Thanksgiving flavors all mixed up in one meatloaf. Enjoy Thanksgiving anytime of the year! A recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen
- 1 1 lbs ⁄2 ground turkey
- 1 box turkey stuffing mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup ⁄3 water
- 1 cup ⁄2 onion diced
- 1 cup ⁄2 celery diced
- 1 cup ⁄2 dried cranberries
- 3 Tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup cranberry jelly
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Melt the butter in a saute pan over medium heat.
- Add the celery and onions, and saute the vegetables for about 2 minutes.
- Add the dried cranberries to the mixture, and continue sauteing until the onions are soft and clear.
- Add the poultry seasoning to the mixture, mixing everything and cook for about 1 minute longer, set the mixture aside
- In a bowl, add the turkey, eggs, stuffing mix, and water. Start to mix it together.
- Then add in the onion mixture and continue mixing everything until all well incorporated.
- Shape into a loaf in a well greased pan.
- In a small saucepan add the cranberry ,and the balsamic cook on medium heat, stirring constantly.
- The jelly will melt and begin to bubble. Cook the mixture till coats the back of a spoon. Take off the heat.
- Pour the glaze over the meatloaf, cover the meatloaf pan with foil.
- Bake for 60 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven.
- Remove from heat and allow to rest for ten minutes before slicing it up and ENJOY!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 2690kcal Calories from fat 771|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 86g||132%|
|Saturated Fat 36g||180%|
|Dietary Fiber 19g||76%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|