Working in the medical field, there is one thing you never say no matter what, that is, it a good day or a bad day. If you say that, you have cursed yourself and the next shift by having everything go wrong. So years ago I came up with a saying: “It’s a margarita day” when someone asked how the day went. If I said that then they knew it was one hell of a day.
Why do I say, “It is a margarita day” for a bad day at the hospital? Well it means I am going home and having a drink. My drink I love more anything at that time, this was before I discovered wine, that is, was a margarita. As I got older, I still love margaritas, but now it more a glass of wine is my relaxing drink I will have now, but the saying has stuck. However if I say, “forget the margarita, I am having straight tequila!” then we all know all hell is breaking loose, this is usually when the full moon is around when that happens.
So why am I talking about margaritas and drinking? Well it because of the theme this week for Sunday Supper. It is
This is such a fun theme this week. Let’s be honest we, as adults do like alcohol, we not only drink it but we do cook and bake with it as well. This being the Holiday Season, we do indulge in it from after dinner cordial to rum soaked fruit cake.Plus as I said earlier, it is nice to relax and unwind with a drink too, especially after your fighting store crowds to get gifts for people. We just simply have a love affair with libational recipes.
What recipe have I whipped up for this fun theme? I am in the middle of making cookies and candies for the holidays, so I came up with an indulgent little treat. Dumante is the only liquor that is a clear espresso spirit. Why would that matter? Well when your working with white, like white chocolate and whipping cream, it won’t discolor the white. It helps keep it white. It is a little trick I learned a long time ago when I was big into making cakes. Cake bakers and bakeries use a clear vanilla for buttercreams. The dark vanilla will tint the white. This the same thing, a clear espresso liquor keeps the white a true white.
This is a very simply recipe, normally I would have garnished with a chocolate covered espresso bean, but the store was out of them. Yes they do sell those, in college, we chow down on them to stay awake for studying, this was pre Starbucks and those energy drinks. Yes, I know I am dating myself, but hey, it was those days got me loving chocolate covered espresso beans. I am off subject I know. Anyway, the store was out of them so a little chocolate chip makes for cute garnish on this little delight.
An espresso liquor that is in a creamy frozen dessert.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup Dumante espresso liquor
- 1 bag white chocolate chips 12oz
- cups mini baking
- chocolate covered espresso beans or chocolate chips for garnish
- In a chilled metal bowl, add the whipping cream and the espresso liquor. Beat the two together till you get stiff peaks, and then set aside.
- Next melt the white chocolate. I like to bring a pot of water to boil, turn the heat off and then put a metal bowl with the chocolate on top of it. Stir until the chocolate is all melted and smooth.
- After the chocolate is melted, fold the whipping cream mixture into the white chocolate. Make sure all mixed in well.
- Line a small cookie sheet with the mini baking cups and spoon the creamy mixture into the the baking cups. Top each of the creams with the espresso bean or chocolate chip.
- Place the tray into the freezer and let set up in the freezer for about 1-2 hours.
- Take them out, serve them up and ENJOY!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 434kcal Calories from fat 306|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 34g||52%|
|Saturated Fat 20g||100%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
So are we ready for Libational Recipes? Well then, let’s have a margarita day and check out these inspirations!
- Big Easy Milk Punch by The Weekend Gourmet
- Blue Sparkling Star Cocktail by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Boozy Iced Spanish Coffee by Nosh My Way
- Campari Mint Spritzer by eating in instead
- Cranberry Moscow Mule by Ruffles & Truffles
- Creamy, Loaded Eggnog by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Malibu Breeze by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Merry Berry Spritz by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Minty Lime Rum by A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Pomegranate Panache by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Rhubarb Fool Cocktail by Food Lust People Love
- Southern Pomegranate Sparkler by Noshing With The Nolands
- Sparkling Pomegranate Berry Punch by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Vanilla Bailey’s With A Twist by Momma’s Meals
Savory and Sweet Libational Dishes
- Apple Bourbon Pulled Pork Sliders by Curious Cuisiniere
- Beerberry Pancakes by Brunch with Joy
- Beet Relish by What Smells So Good?
- Belgian Beef Stew with Belgian Ale by Cooking On The Ranch
- Brandied Triple Cheese Ball by Magnolia Days
- Champagne Chicken by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cornish Game Hens with Sausage Red Wine Sauce over Polenta by The Texan New Yorker
- Craft Beer Jelly by Nik Snacks
- Eggnog Dutch Baby Pancakes with Cranberries by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Hot Buttered Rum Balls by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Lentil Soup with Wine Braised Shallots by Pancake Warriors
- Red Wine Braised Short Ribs by Cooking Chat
- Amaretto Coconut Biscotti with Amaretto Salted Caramel Drizzle by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Amaretto Cranberry Swirled Cheesecake by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Baked Pears with a Warm Tequila-Citrus Espuma by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Bourbon Cranberry Compote by Pies and Plots
- Caramelized Banana Upside-Down Rum Cake by Wallflour Girl
- Chocolate Stout Beer Brownies by The Perfect Brownie
- Dumante Frozen Espresso Creams by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Honey Chamomile Hot Toddy Tea Cake by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Kahlua Bundt Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Red Wine Poached Pears with Ricotta and Balsamic Glaze by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Rum Glazed Cookie Cream Buns by NinjaBaker
- Tiramisu Biscotti by The Redhead Baker
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board