Slow Cooker Bacon Cheeseburger Sheppard Pie adds a yummy bacon cheeseburger twist to Sheppard pie. This cheeseburger pie with mashed potatoes is easy to make. Your family will love this crock pot cheeseburger casserole!
40 Down, 360 To Go
Iwas busy this weekend. I found out if I want to make Seduction in the Kitchen a success I need to optimize every recipe. I found this out right when I was in the middle of the SEO I been working on. So yes I have to start all over again for the 10th time on the recipes.
So with this new design, there are some elements of it I do need to add by hand to every post. So looking on the bright side, I have to go into each recipe anyway. What is my plan for all of this?
So since I have to hand add elements. Plus I need to optimize, what is my plan? Any dream doesn’t come easy and it requires work. So these little obstacles are just bumps in my road to the bigger picture.
What is the plan to get around these bumps? Well here it is:
- Get an SEO Audit: The new recipe card I am using, Simple Recipe Pro offers a few SEO Audit. So After talking with them I am going to have it done. So I am not starting over again for the 100th time.
- Work on the posts one category at a time: The best way to tackle over 400 recipes is to do this by category. It the easiest thing to do.
- Create Pinterest Boards by categories: Since I need to optimize the posts anyway. That includes making a pinnable image, why not add boards that break down my recipes?
- Utilize the Shopping List feature on the site: There are posts I really want a makeover, but with over 400 posts, I forget which ones really need TLC. So I am using that new shopping list to help me keep track which ones, I want to do a makeover on! It really a nice feature and glad I installed it!
So that is my plan. I actually got the Appetizers fully done. In fact, here is the Pinterest board I created that has the appetizer recipes on it. It is called Amazing Appetizers.
Slow Cooker Bacon Cheeseburger Sheppard Pie Recipe
So what was my inspiration behind this Slow Cooker Bacon Cheeseburger Sheppard Pie? Honestly, it was Sheppard’s pie and cheeseburger pie. I was looking for slow cooker recipes for both when I realized I could make cheeseburger pie with mashed potatoes!
Slow Cooker Recipes
I love my slow cooker. I love making slow cooker recipes with ground beef in it. In fact, I think the slow cooker category is the largest one I have on Seduction in the Kitchen.
Why? Because I am a very busy person. I work full time as a phlebotomist and I also run this blog. So I love slow cooker recipes, put stuff in and forget about it. The slow cooker recipes is a busy woman’s dream come true!
Some of my favorite slow cooker recipes I have put up on Seduction in the kitchen are:
So I have also been wanting to create a Sheppard Pie in the slow cooker for a long time. In fact, was trying for a while to make one with frozen meatballs. Don’t ask, it is a disaster every time I try it.
How To Make Cheeseburger Pie
So instead I decided that the marriage between cheeseburger pie and Sheppard’s pie would be a great way to create this Bacon Cheeseburger Sheppard Pie. Making this bacon cheeseburger pie called for some changes to this crock pot cheeseburger casserole can be adapted in a slow cooker.
I made this yummy cheeseburger pie with mashed potatoes. The verdict, my cheeseburger pie was fantastic! You will love this bacon cheeseburger pie.
Slow Cooker Bacon Cheeseburger Sheppard Pie adds a yummy bacon cheeseburger twist. Easy to make and your family will love it!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon worcheshire sauce
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups prepared mashed potatoes
- 2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided in half
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
Combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, onion, ketchup, mustard and,worcheshire sauce and mix well.
Press hamburger mixture in bottom of the slow cooker.
Place a layer of the 1/2 of the cheese on top the hamburger mixture.
Next, layer on the bacon on top the cheese.
Mix the potatoes with the minced garlic and rest the cheese and spoon potato mixture on the top of the bacon layer in the slow cooker.
Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-6 hours.
When it is done, Serve it up, garnish it with the chopped tomatoes and green onions and ENJOY!
- Calories: 599kcal
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 927mg
- Fat: 38g
- Saturated Fat: 16g
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 38g
- Cholesterol: 131mg