Ricotta Stuffed Mushrooms is a savory stuffed mushroom that is perfect for any gathering. They will melt in your mouth.
How was your Thanksgiving? Mine was good, I had a lot of driving back and forth between Ohio and PA. There was a breakdown in communications to let me in on surprise plans for my parents to renew their vows for their 45th anniversary.
So I had to work on Friday, so the only way I could do all these weekend holiday activities was to do a lot of driving. I drove in on Wednesday evening for the holiday, spent the night on Thursday.
Then on Friday, then drive back that evening to Pa so can be there for the vow renewal. It was a lot of driving. I figure I have been in a car 7.5 hours over 3 days so far. I still have to drive back to Cleveland.
When I found out about the vow renewal, it was way too late to get Friday off. I’m the only one doesn’t live in PA, so I’m always the last to know about stuff. I kind of get forgotten about, I hate to admit. It is one the burdens you have to deal with when you live in a different state than the rest of your family.
I made it in, that is the main thing. I figured out how to make it work. Sometimes you need to do just that, make it work. I sound like Tim Gunn saying that “make it work,” Yes, I like Project Runway, but anyway it is true, you need to just make it work. In my case, it was getting up super early and staying over.
Ricotta Stuffed Mushrooms
Every year I go to my friend’s Halloween Party. And every year I make a stuffed mushroom. I am known for my stuffed mushrooms at this party, I do a different version every year for it.
I really do love-making stuffed mushrooms. I admit this year, I was in the funk and I kind of forced myself to go to this party. Part the reason was, she originally wasn’t going to have it, but changed her mind last-minute.
I think that was why I kind of wasn’t in the mood for the party this year. Truth be told, I know I wasn’t the only one felt like that for the party. Some even came without a costume, at least I wore one. I did the missing Kardashian.
Anyway, I knew I had to make my mushrooms. It was a make it work moment. So I am also on a ricotta kick right now. I did just come up with
So using a little ricotta, and what I know about making a good stuffed mushroom, the results were this mouth-watering Ricotta Stuffed Mushrooms. I was told this was the best mushroom I have made yet. It must have been because within 15 minutes of these Ricotta Stuffed Mushrooms being put out, they were gone.
A savory stuffed mushroom that is perfect for any gathering. A recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen.
- 14 large white mushrooms (stems removed)
- 5 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 4 leaves large basil (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup 6 Cheese Italian blend cheese from Sargentos
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Clean mushrooms, remove stems.
- Chop stems, and heat the olive oil in sauté pan. Add chopped stems.
- Halfway through cooking add crushed garlic, salt, pepper, basil, and thyme.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly in a small mixing bowl.
- Add ricotta and and the shredded cheese, to the stem mixture.
- Fill caps with the cheese mixture and place on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for approx 20-25 minutes. Take them out the oven and ENJOY!
- Calories: 310