Red Wine Chocolate Cheesecake Cupcakes is sweet red wine, cheesecake, and a chocolate cupcakes all in one. This decadent cupcake is for the lover of all things sweet. A recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen.
I did something different this Sunday, I lived a non-computer life. What does that mean? Well, Sundays I am from the moment I get up on my computer working on Parade posts, stumbling other food blogger recipes, yumming recipes, writing a post for Seduction in the Kitchen, if I do a Sunday Supper post, I doing all that as well. So I am on the computer from sun up to sun down, doing well food blog stuff.
This Sunday, I did not do that, I slept in, I did do some recipe development, I went for a drive, till it rained. I rearranged my living room. I just enjoyed my day off from the Phlebotomy job and also the internet and blogging. Why did I take the day off from the internet? I honestly do not know. I made a mistake on Saturday by drinking a lemonade ice teas at around 6 pm. You see, I am caffeine sensitive if I have caffeine after 11 am it will keep me up. I don’t know what Iw as thinking drinking that iced tea, I think because it was a lemonade iced tea, I just saw lemonade, not realizing it still has tea in it.
So I enjoyed my day off. Every once in awhile, you do need to do that. Just take a day off. Do something different than your normal routine. You will be amazed at how doing this will energize you.
Speaking of parade, I had my second exclusive recipe on it! I am so proud of this recipe, plus I am really improving with the new camera. This the first photo I took that everything seems to come together. Are you ready to see this recipe for Parade?
Here the other recent posts I did on parade:
I wanted to do something different with a cupcake. I admit I am a bit obsessed with wine. I love the taste and I love cooking with it. I just like wine. I had just come back from a huge winery tour here in North East Ohio. I went to 4 wineries in one day. It was a Groupon trip and was a great deal and I truly enjoyed myself on it.
Anyway, I ended up with 9 bottles of wine from this trip. One them was a great red wine called Black Cab. The sweetness of this red wine was calling out to me chocolate cake. So the fun began, I took a Chocolate cupcake, that has a cheesecake filling, and turning it up a notch with this red wine, topped with my butter cream with red wine drizzle. Can we say I was in heaven?
Sweet red wine, cheesecake, and a chocolate cupcakes all in one. This decadent cupcake is for the lover of all things sweet. A recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen.
- 1 1/2 Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels divided
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 3 oz package of chocolate pudding
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup water
- 2 oz packages cream cheese softened, 3 . each
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable shortening
- 1 stick salted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk heated
- 1 cup sweet red wine
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease or paper-line 16 muffin cups.
- Microwave 1/2 cup morsels in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl for 45 seconds;
- Stir The morsels, they may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10 to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted. Cool to room temperature.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, pudding mix, and salt in small bowl.
- Beat sugar, oil, egg, red wine, and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until blended.
- Beat in melted chocolate; gradually beat in flour mixture alternately with water.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, egg and salt in small mixer bowl until creamy. Stir in 1 cup morsels.
- Spoon the batter into prepared muffin cups, filling 1/2 full.
- Spoon filling by rounded tablespoon over batter.
- Spoon remaining batter over filling.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Using a mixer, cream the shortening and butter in a bowl. Add the sugar and beat well. Add the egg white and vanilla; beat thoroughly. Add the hot milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, and beat until creamy. Scrape into a pastry bag fitted with a star tip, pipe onto the cooled cupcakes.
- In a sauce pan dissolve the sugar into the red wine. Bring the wine to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Continuously stirring, reduce the wine till the wine coats the back of the spoon. Take it off the heat, allow it to cool. Then drizzle the wine over the butter cream on the cupcakes.
- Then ENJOY!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 626kcal Calories from fat 385|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 43g||66%|
|Saturated Fat 13g||65%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|