It is funny how right after labor day, with the exception of a few humid days we had this week, how Fall seemed to come in weather wise like it was right on cue. I was sitting outside this morning, there was a chill in the air, sipping some coffee with a pumpkin flavored creamer of course, and was just thinking, it actually fall. Soup will be coming much more now that it is getting chilly outside. I got to dig out a jacket now from the closet, because too chilly in the morning to go without. Soon, I will be packing the balcony away, and be bringing out the fall decor of my pumpkins and such. Yep, after Labor day and the start of Football, Fall is here now.
A great snack to have with your friends, it a pretzel roll that made into a pizza with pub beer cheese sauce, a recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen.
- 6 in pretzel rolls split half
- 1 ounce can cheddar cheese soup undiluted, 11
- 3/4 cup beer
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 package pepperoni
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- First thing, is either make the pretzel rolls, which you can find the recipe here, or you can buy them. I was playing around and made my rolls into bagels, to do that all have to do it cut a hole in them when your raising them. Anyway cut the rolls in half and spread them on a cookie sheet.
- Next, You want to start making the cheese sauce, before you do, preheat the oven to 400 F. This way as soon done assembling the pizzas they are ready to be put into the hot oven. After that, combine the beer, condensed soup, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce, stir until all smooth over medium heat.
- As the sauce starts to bubble, add the 2 cups of cheddar cheese, I like to use the Sargentos new kind that 4 types of cheddar, I love the variety it gives. Stir the cheese in until it melts and all smooth, take the sauce off the heat.
- Spread the sauce on the rolls. You will have leftover sauce so you can save it for another use, but you can only save this maybe at the most for 4 days. I found if add cooked sausage to it, it makes for a great chip dip. Bacon would most likely work too.
- Layer on some cheese, you can use cheddar or use Italian blends both worked well.
- Then finally, top it off with some pepperoni. If you prefer other toppings, give it a try, me I am a pepperoni type of person.
- Finally, place these in the oven and bake them for about 8-10 minutes, till the cheese is all melted and golden. Then serve and ENJOY!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 677kcal Calories from fat 402|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 45g||69%|
|Saturated Fat 21g||105%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|