Jerk Chicken Burger is made with a Jerk seasoning from Swine Dining pairs perfect with the sweetness of a tropical fruit slaw. A recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen for #CookoutWeek.
It is #CookoutWeek brought to you by The Pintertest Kitchen. This is a weeklong event and it has over 50 bloggers involved. Myself personally you are going to see along with this recipe3 maybe 4 recipes this week for this event!
- *I did receive free products for the purpose of creating a recipe for this post
So Swine Dining sent me 3 samples of their seasonings, a BBQ, Jerk, and a dill. The dill really tastes wonderful and I might be using it along with another sample from one of the sponsors for this week in a special potato salad idea I have, but I will be honest I don’t know if I will have the time to create this potato salad idea I have, so it my bonus 4th recipe for this week if I can get it made.
Anyway, Swine Dining makes their items from scratch, by hand, in small batches to ensure quality and freshness. Trust me I can tell a difference right away with the samples they sent me for this event. I really loved the Jerk seasoning. I have been wanting to create a chicken burger for a long time and this seasoning was perfect for me to create a mouthwatering chicken burger.
Love Seduction in the Kitchen recipes? Follow me on Facebook and Instagram! Don’t want miss a recipe? Signup for my monthly newsletter with all the recipes posted in last month!
I wanted something that can be a good topper that would compliment the flavoring of Swine Dining’s Jerk seasoning. Plus keeping the theme of tropical exotic, that was when I thought, a pineapple slaw. When I went to the store, I saw the mango and in the canned fruit, I saw from Dole this tropical fruit that had pineapple and papaya in passion fruit juice, that made me go, hmmm. You know what it came together so well, and viola! I had my chicken burger!
- 1.5 lbs ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons Swine Dining Jerk Seasoning
- 1/4-1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- Hamburger buns
- 1 package of Angel Hair Slaw
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mango
- 1 tablespoons can Dole Tropical fruit drained but reserve 2 of juice
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- In a bowl combine the ground chicken with the Swine Dining Jerk seasoning with the panko bread crumbs.
- Form into patties and grill each burger for about 20 minutes or until done.
- Whisk vinegar, mayonnaise, reserve juice, 1 tablespoon salt, 1 tablespoon black pepper, in a bowl until smooth.
- Combine Angel Hair slaw, mango, tropical fruit (you may need to slice up the fruit in the can, and I admit I used about 1/2 the can when I slices up a little), red onion, cilantro, and jalapeno in large bowl.
- Pour dressing over the slaw, toss to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate slaw until ready to serve.
- Place a Jerk Chicken Burger on a bun
- Place a generous serving of slaw on the burger
- Top with the lid portion of the bun and ENJOY!