Jerk Chicken Burgers with Tropical Fruit Slaw #CookoutWeek
Jerk Chicken Burgers is made with a Jerk seasoning from Swine Dining pairs perfect with the sweetness of a tropical fruit slaw.
It is #CookoutWeek brought to you by The Pintertest Kitchen. This is a weeklong event and it has over 50 bloggers involved. Including this recipe, I will be posting 3 maybe 4 recipes this week for this event!
- *I did receive free products for the purpose of creating a recipe for this post
So Swine Dining sent me 3 samples of their seasonings, a BBQ, Jerk, and a dill. The dill really tastes wonderful and I might be using it along with another sample from one of the sponsors for this week in a special potato salad idea I have.
But I will be honest I don’t know if I will have the time to create this potato salad idea I have. So it maybe a bonus 4th recipe for this week if I can get it made.
Anyway, Swine Dining makes their items from scratch, by hand, in small batches to ensure quality and freshness. Trust me I can tell a difference right away with the samples they sent me for this event. I really loved the Jerk seasoning. I have been wanting to create a Jerk Chicken Burger for a long time and this seasoning was perfect for me to create a mouthwatering Jerk Chicken Burgers
Jerk Chicken Burgers with Tropical Fruit Slaw
I wanted something that can be a good topper for the Jerk Chicken Burger that would compliment it. Plus keeping the theme of tropical exotic, that was when I thought of a pineapple slaw. When I went to the store, I saw the mango.
Then in the canned fruit aisle, I saw from Dole this tropical fruit salad that had pineapple and papaya in passion fruit juice. That made me go, hmmm. You know what it came together so well, and voila! I had my Jerk Chicken Burgers with Tropical Fruit Slaw!
Jerk Chicken Burger is made with a Jerk seasoning from Swine Dining pairs perfect with the sweetness of a tropical fruit slaw. A recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen for #CookoutWeek.
- 1.5 lbs ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons Swine Dining Jerk Seasoning
- 1/4-1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- Hamburger buns
- 1 package of Angel Hair Slaw
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mango
- 1 tablespoons can Dole Tropical fruit drained but reserve 2 of juice
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- In a bowl combine the ground chicken with the Swine Dining Jerk seasoning with the panko bread crumbs.
- Form into patties and grill each burger for about 20 minutes or until done.
- Whisk vinegar, mayonnaise, reserved juice, 1 tablespoon salt, 1 tablespoon black pepper, in a bowl until smooth.
- Combine Angel Hair slaw, mango, tropical fruit (you may need to slice up the fruit in the can, and I admit I used about 1/2 the can when I slice it up a little), red onion, cilantro, and jalapeno in large bowl.
- Pour dressing over the slaw, toss to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate slaw until ready to serve.
- Place a Jerk Chicken Burger on a bun
- Place a generous serving of slaw on the burger
- Top with the lid portion of the bun and ENJOY!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 634kcal Calories from fat 237|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 26g||40%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||30%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|