I am getting into game party mode with Mezzetta Homegating. So as you know my Steelers have advanced in the playoffs, so I do hope they will get to the big game. It would be nice if they do become “Stairway to Seven”. When I was a kid, the saying was “One for the thumb.” Well, they finally got one for the thumb and I was in Cleveland when they did that. It was the weirdest feeling in the world.
Cleveland hates Pittsburgh, so there was no celebration here, in fact, I remember it was just a cold chilly feeling in the air here in Cleveland. People were actually did the “whatever” to me even though I just said hi. It was because of my Pittsburgh accent. Trust me when they ended up being Sixsburgh, of did I get the cold shoulder here in Cleveland. When the Steelers lost to Green Bay, they tried to ridicule me, but was surprised I did get upset. I kept saying it was a great game, which it was. That is how Pittsburghers are, sure we love to win, but we do recognize that both sides played well and was a good game that game. They do that in Cleveland, they are quick to blame everyone from and usually replace the coach when they lose.
No matter what happens with the Steelers, I still plan on celebrating, the big game is fun, no matter who is playing in it. I admit I love the halftime show and I like the commercials. Last year though, I was disappointed in the commercials. They lacked something I think. I hope this year they will be better, I know there was other complaint how commercials were not that great.
So what is #MostValueablePepper #MezzettaHomegating Well, let’s face it peppers are in fact a staple in tailgate food. And Homegating is simply bringing the tailgate party to your home. Mezzetta is bring you the best of both, peppers and homegating. Check out this video for some ideas:
I have used many of Mezzetta’s products in my recipes. When it comes to making Italian hoagie inspired stuff, which I will admit Italian hoagies are my favorite to seat, next to a steak hoagie. I am from Pittsburgh, we call them hoagies, you might call them grinders, or subs, in Western PA it is the hoagie.
Anyway, why I like using Mezzetta’s peppers in these recipes is because of the taste and quality. Mezzetta is family owned since 1935, the fourth generation of Mezzetta family is continuing the commitment to bring our customers the highest quality foods available. We source the finest fresh produce from the sun-drenched soils of California, Italy, Spain, France, and Greece and prepare them according to our Italian family recipes at our state-of-the-art production facility in the Napa Valley.
Want a little more inspiration for trying #MezzettaHomegating #MostValuablePepper recipes? Well how about a giveaway! That is right, Mezzetta is having a giveaway for the big game. Here is the details:
• Grand Prize (1) – 55” 4K LED TV plus the Mezzetta Homegating Party Pack including Mezzetta branded football, blanket, pint glasses (4), cooler, party tray, cocktail napkins, and a jar each of Mezzetta Whole Golden Greek Peperoncini, Deli-Sliced Tamed Jalapeños, Deli-Sliced Mild Pepper Rings, Sliced Golden Greek Peperoncini, Roasted Bell Peppers and Deli-Sliced Roasted Bell Pepper Strips.
• Runner Up Prizes (10) – Mezzetta Homegating Party Pack
Requirements for Entry: First Name, Last Name and Email Address
Expires: January 26th, 2016
Winners Chosen at Random
Winner will be notified and will receive prize within 2 weeks.
Just click on any the Mezzetta words in this post to enter. I hyperlinked them to the contest for you. I hope one my readers wins!
So are you ready for my Mezzetta homegating recipe? Here it is:
- 1 jar of Mezzetta Sweet Waxy Banana Peppers
- 1 Jar of Mezzetta Caramelized Onions and Peppers
- 1 Jar of Mezzetta Sweet Cherry Peppers
- 1/4 Lb Salami cubed
- 2 slices thick deli ham cubed
- 1/4 pepperoni chopped
- 1/4 lb sweet capicola chopped
- 1 cup of shredded provolone cheese
- 2 roma tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 onion chopped
- chopped lettucce
- 1 loaf of Italian bread. sliced
- 1 cup ⁄4 balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of juice from Mezzetta Sweet Cherry Peppers
- 1 teaspoon ⁄4 black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ⁄4 dried basil
- 1 cup ⁄4 olive oil
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- Take the slices of the Italian bread, and cut into halves.
- Brush the slices with a little olive oil.
- In a oven at 350F toast the bread till light golden, about 7 minutes.
- Take out the oven, and set them aside.
- In a bowl, mix, the vinegar, Mezzetta Cherry pepper juice, black pepper, basil, and garlic together.
- Slowly whisk in the olive oil to the mixture, and then set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the meats, tomatoes, and onions.
- Take out the jar of the Mezzetta Sweet Waxy Banana Peppers, 3 peppers, and slice them up to make the rings, then add to the meat mixture.
- Take 1-2 of the Mezzetta Sweet Cherry Peppers, and chop it up, then add to the meat mixture too.
- Finally, drain the Mezzetta Caramelized Onions and Peppers and add to the mixture as well. Note depending on taste, you do not have to use the whole jar of this, a few is ok.
- Finally add the chopped lettuce and cheese to the mixture.
- Mix everything together.
- Drizzle in the dressing and toss to coat everything with the dressing.
- On top the crostinis, add heaping spoonfuls of the mixture.
- Then serve and ENJOY!