Winter is here. The cold, snowy weather has us cooped inside. It actually can be depressing, that is one the reasons they call it “winter blues.” How can a woman beat those winter blues? With her girlfriends and GBF’s that is how. For those who are wondering, a GBF is a gay male best friend. Every woman needs one, they are the most honest of your friends, they know makeup and fashion and will help style you better than anyone, when comes to issues with guys, they give the best advice. I am fortunate to have 3 such people in my life, they were the inspiration of the term GBF when I coined it for a post on The Lovely Pink Diva.
Anyway, being cooped up in the winter is the perfect excuse to invite your girlfriends and GBF’s over for a:
Roundhouse Spirits was started in 2008 with this simple goal: Become the Front Range’s premier micro-distillery in Boulder, Colorado. At Roundhouse, they handcraft their products with only the finest, all-natural ingredients, organic whenever possible. Trust me you can taste the difference in their products over the mass commercially produced products.
I was given the opportunity to work with their Corretto Coffee Liqueur. According to Roundhouse Spirits website:
In Italy, a “caffe corretto” is a coffee “corrected” with a shot of liquor. Roundhouse Corretto is a coffee liqueur that needs no correction though. To handcraft Corretto in small batches we use organic free-trade beans that are hand selected by blind roaster, Gerry Leary, of the Unseen Bean in Boulder. We add a touch of whole vanilla bean, and sweeten it with just the right amount. The end result is a wonderful burst of coffee flavors spiked in the Italian-style. The other big-brand stuff is made with corn syrup and has a whopping 91 calories per ounce while Corretto comes in at a svelte 53 calories.
The first taste of this delicious liqueur, chocolate came to mind. Chocolate and coffee it is a combo made in heaven. What two things do girls like? Yep chocolate and coffee. This is the perfect for a girl’s night in. With that thought in mind, I saw something on Pinterest that gave the inspiration for this recipe. Trust me being a Libra I have several ideas for this Corretto Coffee Liqueur. It had me at that first taste, so yes there will be several recipes in this series using this product. that is how good it is ladies!
- 1 box chocolate brownie mix
- 1/2 cup caramel sundae topping
- 3 tablespoon Roundhouse Spirits Corretto Coffee Liquor divided
- 1 cup of mini pretzels
- course sea salt
- In a well greased brownie pan, lay down a layer of the mini pretzels at the bottom.
- Pre heat your oven to the tempature on the box of brownies.
- Make the brownie mix as directed by the box, add in 2 tablespoons of the Roundhouse Spirits Corretto Coffee Liquor to the batter, and mix well.
- Pour the brownie mix over the pretzels in the pan.
- Bake according to the brownie box directions.
- When the brownies are done, take out the oven and cool.
- In a small sauce pan heat up the caramel topping. Once it is heated up and smooth to pour onto the brownies, mix in 1 tablespoon of the Roundhouse Spirits Corretto Coffee Liquor.
- Spread the caramel on top the brownies, and loosely sprinkle on the coarse sea salt
- Cut it up and ENJOY!