Fall Apple Salad With Chocolate Vinaigrette is a simple salad that combines apples, walnuts, and a Chocolate Vinaigrette that has Just Hemp oil it to make burst with flavor.
This is my last recipe for #Chocotoberfest sponsored by Imperial Sugar event. I hope you liked my other two recipes,
I did for this event. Despite being sick, And not being able to post like I wanted to for this event, I did enjoy working on this great blogging extravaganza.
So I like looking outside the box at things, especially with food. I mean look at
Yeah, I like doing something you would not expect. I admit I wanted something different then what you would expect from a chocolate event. I got inspired to do something savory with chocolate truthfully from the Hershey Resort.
I am a PA girl, so I know all about the delights that the Hershey Resort has, and one thing they are famous for is chocolate butter and chocolate seared sea scallops. I was debating on what I could do when I found out another sponsor was sending me some oil. The oil is from a company called Just Hemp Foods.
Hemp seed oil is a very healthy oil, and from what I knew about its health benefits, it screamed do a salad! Hotel Hershey has a chocolate vinaigrette, which I have the recipe for. This is perfect, instead of using, olive oil, substitute the hemp oil. I have to admit, I think the hemp seed oil tastes much better than olive oil. I think Just Hemp Foods just gained a new customer, me!
What would be good on a salad with chocolate? Apples, walnuts! Yes of course! Perfect for a salad and perfect for this time of year, Fall. Yes, this salad screams this is a Fall salad and it is delish!
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
A simple salad that combines apples, walnuts, and a Chocolate Vinaigrette that has Just Hemp oil it to make burst with flavor. A recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen.
- 1 tablespoon shallot minced
- 1 1 cups ⁄2 Just Hemp Foods Oil
- 1 cup ⁄2 Hershey's syrup HERSHEY'S Special Dark syrup
- 3 cup ⁄4 balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bag of Romaine Salad
- 1 Honey Crisp Apple sliced thin
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped
- Place shallots and mustard in a stainless steel bowl and mix.
- Alternately whisk in the oil and vinegar to the shallot mixture
- Continue whisking as you slowly add in the chocolate.
- Season with a little salt and pepper, set aside the dressing.
- In a bowl, place the romaine lettuce.
- On the top of the lettuce, place the apple slice on the top.
- Sprinkle the walnuts over the top.
- Finally drizzle on the dressing, toss it and then serve it up and ENJOY!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 934kcal Calories from fat 537|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 60g||92%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|