Fall Apple Salad With Chocolate Vinaigrette is a simple salad that combines apples, walnuts, and a Chocolate Vinaigrette that has Just Hemp oil it to make burst with flavor.
This is my last recipe for #Chocotoberfest sponsored by Imperial Sugar event. I hope you liked my other two recipes,
Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookie Bars
and Peanut Butter Dream Brownies
I did for this event. Despite being sick, And not being able to post like I wanted to for this event, I did enjoy working on this great blogging extravaganza.
So I like looking outside the box at things, especially with food. I mean look at
Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Fried Pickles,
or Pierogie Stuffed Meatloaf,
Yeah, I like doing something you would not expect. I admit I wanted something different then what you would expect from a chocolate event. I got inspired to do something savory with chocolate truthfully from the Hershey Resort.
I am a PA girl, so I know all about the delights that the Hershey Resort has, and one thing they are famous for is chocolate butter and chocolate seared sea scallops. I was debating on what I could do when I found out another sponsor was sending me some oil. The oil is from a company called Just Hemp Foods.
Hemp seed oil is a very healthy oil, and from what I knew about its health benefits, it screamed do a salad! Hotel Hershey has a chocolate vinaigrette, which I have the recipe for. This is perfect, instead of using, olive oil, substitute the hemp oil. I have to admit, I think the hemp seed oil tastes much better than olive oil. I think Just Hemp Foods just gained a new customer, me!
What would be good on a salad with chocolate? Apples, walnuts! Yes of course! Perfect for a salad and perfect for this time of year, Fall. Yes, this salad screams this is a Fall salad and it is delish!
This Fall Apple Salad With Chocolate Vinaigrette would pair perfectly with:
VEGAN CUBAN PICADILLO IN A PRESSURE COOKER from Healing Tomato
MEDITERRANEAN FETA LAMB BURGERS from Kevin is Cooking
Bourbon Mac & Cheese from Food Hunter’s Guide To CuisinePrint
A simple salad that combines apples, walnuts, and a Chocolate Vinaigrette that has Just Hemp oil it to make burst with flavor. A recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen.
- 1 tablespoon shallot (minced)
- 1 1 cups ⁄2 Just Hemp Foods Oil
- 1 cup ⁄2 Hershey’s syrup (HERSHEY’S Special Dark syrup)
- 3 cup ⁄4 balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 bag of Romaine Salad
- 1 Honey Crisp Apple (sliced thin)
- 1/4 cup walnuts (chopped)
- Place shallots and mustard in a stainless steel bowl and mix.
- Alternately whisk in the oil and vinegar to the shallot mixture
- Continue whisking as you slowly add in the chocolate.
- Season with a little salt and pepper, set aside the dressing.
- In a bowl, place the romaine lettuce.
- On the top of the lettuce, place the apple slice on the top.
- Sprinkle the walnuts over the top.
- Finally drizzle on the dressing, toss it and then serve it up and ENJOY!
I did for all purposes receive free product to create this recipe
- Calories: 410