The computers are not back yet, so still using the iPad to edit. I can not wait till one them come back, I want to see how different I can make the photos I dine on the iPad. Anyway, other than that, “it is starting to look at a lot like Christmas…” Come on you know the song! No I won’t have you sing it, but The holiday season is upon us. Next week I have my annual Christmas dinner party for friends, getting my decorations out storage, setting the tree up, before we know it 2013 will be gone and 2014 will be here.
I personally love Christmas, I love everything about it, from shopping to baking, decorating to the lovely pine scent from trees. It all Christmas to me. Last year saw photos on Facebook of people with the Elf on the Shelf, I love to do that, I don’t have kids but such cool idea.
In a way that was the inspiration for this recipe, the Elf in the Shelf, and also the movie “Elf” with Will Ferrell. In the movie he says elves eat sugary things. Perfect inspiration to come up with a Christmasy treat.
Yes it rice crispie treats, but I decided to kick up a notch. Let’s add some chocolate, and ok I admit I was PMSing when thought of adding pretzels, but it was good added a crunch to it, them more then the rice cereal. Nestlé came out with Christmas chocolate chips which adds color and the chocolate factor, perfect for my Christmas inspired delight!
- 3 TB butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups rice cereal
- 1 cup pretzel sticks (broken)
- 1 bag Nestle Christmas Chocolate Chips
- Melt butter in a large bowl in microwave
- Add marshmallows to melted butter, stir to coat them. Melt the marshmallows for 1minute and 30 seconds in the microwave.
- Stir in 1cup at a time of the rice cereal into the marshmallows, find doing that way not a big mess and easier to mix.
- Next add the pretzels and chocolate chips. Mix them in well. The chips may start to melt but it ok.
- Once all mixed, pour the treats into a greased pan and press into it. Let sit for about an hour to set.
- Once they set, cut into the squares and ENJOY!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 440