Valentine’s Day is coming up. Maybe it is me but love should not be forced. That is what Valentine’s day feels like, forced love. It the one day a year a man gives his girl roses or chocolate. I don’t know call me old fashion in my thinking but I personally would like roses not on Valentine’s Day. I rather get just because you were passing by a flower shop and saw them and thought, “Hey I want to surprise her with these.”
I am a firm believer in actions speaking louder than words. Anyone can say “I love you” but when you show an action it shows that love way better than saying words. Valentine’s Day to me is just forced actions, people feel they have to buy things to show that love. Why do we need a day to show love? Maybe it I feel this way because Valentine’s day is over commercialized, and prices of flowers on that day get marked up to higher prices. It doesn’t have that love feeling about that day anymore.
At one time the thought behind was to show how you appreciate the person you love, but as I said it got commercialized. No matter what your feelings are on Valentine’s day, it does mean more to give something from your heart. The best way in my opinion is doing an action, as in making something. Yeah, you got, for me it baking or cooking something.
Why do I think that? It takes time and effort to make something. Your showing someone you care about them that you are taking time out to create something that is just for them. I have always done that with any guy I have dated. I admit I love making a meal for them. Yes, I do love to cook and bake, but I enjoy thinking up what would they love to eat and see that pleasure on the guys face when he takes that first bite. As I said I like showing actions that say I do care.
In today’s age, we are all in a hurry, we have thousands of things we are doing, and we run short on time. I understand this, so what can we make that shows the actions of caring and will be a great treat for valentine’s Day? Homemade bark is the easiest solution to make. I love making barks, you can really get creative with them.
I had 2 bags of dark chocolate chips, and chocolate covered strawberries are popular recipe to do for Valentine’s Day. I wanted to do something a little different, but with the chocolate covered strawberry. That was when it came to me the inspiration, why not do a bark? What is nice about this bark is it is only 2 ingredients and it is super easy to make.
It is the perfect homemade treat to give to someone for Valentines day to show that you do care about them.
Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberry Bark is a delightful recipe that will tickle your taste buds. From Seduction in the Kitchen
- 2 12 oz bags of dark chocolate chips
- 1 6 oz jar of Polaner All fruit Strawberry
- Bring a pot of water to a boil on the stove. Bring the heat down a bit on the stove.
- In a metal bowl place the chocolate chips in it and place that bowl on top the hot water on the stove. Make sure the bowl is bigger then your pot.
- Keep stirring the chips over the hot water till the chocolate chips are melted and smooth.
- On a wax paper lined cookie sheet, spread the melted chocolate and smooth it out. You want at least 1/4 of an inch of chocolate.
- Next, place little dollops of the Strawberry Polander all over the melted chocolate.
- Then, with a spoon swirl it into the chocolate the best you can.
- Place the cookie tray in the freezer for at least 1 hour, so the chocolate hardens up.
- Once the chocolate is harden, you can break it up into pieces or you can get creative and use a cookie cutter and cut out shapes in the chocolate.
- Serve them up, or put in a treat bag and give to someone to ENJOY!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 375 kcal Calories from fat|
|% Daily Value|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|