I officially made back home to Pittsburgh, I am on vacation! I did see a great surprise right before I left for vacation, Ziplist featured one of my recipes and it viral! That was so nice to see that people really liked my BBQ Battered Fried Mushrooms. Funny, that idea for that came to me when I was about 13, I think that is why I am amazed. I admit I love fried mushrooms, and happy to see others like that recipe as well.
Speaking of love, chocolate, I am right now craving dark chocolate. I love pairing dark chocolate with caramel. The sweet with dark chocolate is a great combo. Since I knew I was coming to PA, I always bake my family goodies. I made Maple Brown Sugar Bars, which I will post later on, and these cookies.
What is nice about cookies, especially a drop cookie, is it a basic recipe and then you add to it. That is how you can come up with different variations. This cookie, because I am putting so much into it, as far as for add ins, you have to balance. You can’t do a whole bag of chips, but 1 huge dark chocolate bar is the perfect amount. Playing with the proportions to get the correct combo is the fun in making your own cookie recipe. That is what I did. I played until I created a great tasting cookie.
Dark chocolate meets caramel meets pecans in this yummy cookie recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen.
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 large egg (room temperature)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces Lindt dark salted chocolate (chopped)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup Kraft caramel bits
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the sugars and butter together until fluffy, using either an electric mixer or by hand. When mixture is light and fluffy, add egg, and beat to incorporate. Add vanilla and beat to incorporate.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add dry ingredients slowly to butter mixture and mix to thoroughly combine until a soft dough is formed. Stir in chopped chocolate, caramel, and pecan pieces until blended.
- Scoop rounded heaping tablespoon of the dough onto a cookie sheet, then bake the cookies in a 375F oven for about 10-12 minutes, until they are nice and golden brown.
- Take them out the oven and let them cool, then ENJOY!
- Calories: 280