Crock Pot Shrimp Alfredo Lasagna is a twist on lasagna made in a crock pot. It is a creamy alfredo with shrimp. A recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen
I got an email tonight, my desktop will be back by Friday, this is great news. The laptop, well still no word on when that be back from repair, but so happy one the computers will be back, so I do not have to use the iPad to blog anymore. Not that hasn’t been interesting blogging on an iPad, I will just be grateful to have a computer again. There so much I just can’t do on an iPad.
I was looking on Facebook tonight and another food blogger, who is on my friend’s list, reminded me of good karma and positive thinking. I do believe in positive thinking but admit I do not practice it. I guess part the problem is I am surrounded by so much negativity that I fall into the trap and think negative. However seeing her posts the last few days, it reminded I really need to block the negative a think positive. She had such amazing things go well for her, and she will be the first to tell you it from her positivity. Another way of phrasing it is practicing “The Secret.”
At one time I was practicing it, and had success with it, but I let the negative, toxic situations, also known as my job surroundings, creep in and take over. It time to say, “enough!” It time to return to positivity. Tonight is proof of that, my computer is coming back sooner than expected from repair. I know it a small example, but still an example, I was being positive when the email came.
Another example, I was thinking positive, and asking the universe, “how can I grow this blog?” Then I got an answer, a friend asked me if I like to do a YouTube cooking show. I thought about in the past, but my kitchen, it an apartment and so tiny, I cook in a closet basically. So to film in it, would not be good. However, my friend has a house, and a kitchen perfect. With the both of us doing this, it would make for great entertainment!
Part the fun of food blogging is coming up with recipes. Over the weekend, I saw a crock pot lasagna recipe. I kinda wanted lasagna, but I really did not want tomatoes. Then I saw a white chicken lasagna, mmmm Alfredo that would be good. Then the old brain started thinking, shrimp, I got a bag of shrimp. Spinach and mushrooms, oh that would be good with the shrimp, then do it in a crock pot, yep this would work let’s do this.
It did work, but I will be honest, I live by myself, so this was my entire weekend meals, I as busy with work, since had to work Saturday, plus I had to clean my apartment, laundry and start setting up the Christmas decor. I made this Saturday, and was good, but on sudsy when I had again, wow, I kinda liked it better the next day!
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles
- 1 lb cooked shrimp (no tails)
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach
- 1 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 ounces cream cheese (cubed)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups Sargento’s 6 cheese Italian shredded cheese
- 1 1/2 cups gouda cheese
- 1 ricotta (16oz)
- 1 egg (slightly beaten)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat some oil in a pan and sauté the mushrooms, just sauté them for mout 2-3 minutes. Stirring them so they do not burn.
- Add the spinach, garlic salt and lemon pepper to the mushrooms, continue sauté the mixture for another 2-3 minutes. Then put it into a bowl, and use the pan, do not worry about cleaning it out, for the sauce.
- Melt 1 stick of butter in the pan you just used to make the mushrooms and spinach.
- Add the garlic and onions to the melted butter. Sauté them for a 3 minutes, stirring constantly, then add the oregano, basil, salt and vinegar to the mixture. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the cubed cream cheese and heavy cream. Whisk it all together until the cream cheese is smooth and melted into the sauce.
- Add the Gouda and Sarrgento’s cheese into the sauce, cook until the cheese melts into it. Stir in the wine. Then take off the heat and set aside. *note you can use a bottled Alfredo if you do not want go through all this trouble of making your own. Personally I like making my own.
- Now the fun begins, in a crock pot, spray it with a cooking spray and layer 2-3 strips of cooked lasagna noodles at the bottom. You may need to cut them to get it to fit.
- Place a layer of sauce on top the noodles, then add some shrimp on top of that.
- Next mix the egg with the ricotta, add a layer the ricotta mixture on top the shrimp, then add that mushroom spinach mixture. You can add a light layer if shredded cheese if you like. Then repeat the layers again. Keep doing it, I kept pressing down the layers until I had top off with lasagna noodles. Added the sauce on the top then added shredded mozzarella on the very top. Put the lid on the crock pot, put on low and cooked it for about 4-5 hours.
- Cut it in the crock pot, then scoop it out, ground some fresh cracked pepper on it and ENJOY!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 620