A twist on lasagna made in a crock pot. It is a creamy alfredo and shrimp.
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles
- 1 lb cooked shrimp no tails
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach
- 1 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 ounces cream cheese cubed
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups Sargento's 6 cheese Italian shredded cheese
- 1 1/2 cups gouda cheese
- 1 ricotta 16oz
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat some oil in a pan and sauté the mushrooms, just sauté them for mout 2-3 minutes. Stirring them so they do not burn.
- Add the spinach, garlic salt and lemon pepper to the mushrooms, continue sauté the mixture for another 2-3 minutes. Then put it into a bowl, and use the pan, do not worry about cleaning it out, for the sauce.
- Melt 1 stick of butter in the pan you just used to make the mushrooms and spinach.
- Add the garlic and onions to the melted butter. Sauté them for a 3 minutes, stirring constantly, then add the oregano, basil, salt and vinegar to the mixture. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the cubed cream cheese and heavy cream. Whisk it all together until the cream cheese is smooth and melted into the sauce.
- Add the Gouda and Sarrgento’s cheese into the sauce, cook until the cheese melts into it. Stir in the wine. Then take off the heat and set aside. *note you can use a bottled Alfredo if you do not want go through all this trouble of making your own. Personally I like making my own.
- Now the fun begins, in a crock pot, spray it with a cooking spray and layer 2-3 strips of cooked lasagna noodles at the bottom. You may need to cut them to get it to fit.
- Place a layer of sauce on top the noodles, then add some shrimp on top of that.
- Next mix the egg with the ricotta, add a layer the ricotta mixture on top the shrimp, then add that mushroom spinach mixture. You can add a light layer if shredded cheese if you like. Then repeat the layers again. Keep doing it, I kept pressing down the layers until I had top off with lasagna noodles. Added the sauce on the top then added shredded mozzarella on the very top. Put the lid on the crock pot, put on low and cooked it for about 4-5 hours.
- Cut it in the crock pot, then scoop it out, ground some fresh cracked pepper on it and ENJOY!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 1006kcal Calories from fat 628|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 70g||108%|
|Saturated Fat 42g||210%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|