Crock Pot Apple Cider Spiced Ham
Easter will be here soon. Easter/ Passover, both are religious holidays, and each have their own symbolism within them. Both also have something in common, aside from the religious meanings. That common thread is both are new beginnings.
I write on Seduction in the Kitchen a lot about how change is good. New beginnings is also good. It is fitting that both these holidays are in the Spring. Springtime is also new beginnings.
I am starting my new beginnings. I have some changes I made that will be new beginnings for me. One is I am happy to announce that I have partnered with a new recipe submission site called Recipentrest. It is open to everyone who loves recipes. We still have a few bugs to work out, but it is now open to everyone. Please check out this recipe submission site that I am so proud to be a part of.
I also have a few other new beginnings in my life, but not quite ready to talk about quite yet. I am happy that these new beginnings will be new chapters in my life. I know they will be good chapters, no matter what the outcomes that may come from them.
I like using my crock pot to cook in over the weekends. Ham maybe something you may not think of as something you would make in a crock pot. Let me tell you this, cooking a ham in the crock pot or slow cooker actually makes the ham so tender, it melts in your mouth.
I first made this ham actually at Christmas time. As you might recall, I ended up spending Christmas in my apartment alone instead of going to PA. The weather and work just was not making it possible to go and spend the holiday with my family. Like always, I made the best out my situation, which included creating my own dinner, which was a nice ham dinner.
I had a base recipe that called for using apple cider. My mom, when she makes ham, she makes a glaze with ginger ale, mustard, brown sugar, and cloves. I wanted to do something similar but with apple cider. So I took this apple cider recipe and just used as a base, but ended up doing it my way and in the crock pot.
A tender ham with a spiced apple cider glaze that will have your mouth watering. A recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen.
- Place the ham in your slow cooker, and pour about 1/2 the bottle of the apple cider around the ham.
- Next add the raisins to the apple cider.
- In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar with the mustard, cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg. Give a little taste to see if it ha the right spice sweetness. You may need to add a little more spices if you prefer.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the apple cider you have left in the jug to the brown sugar mixture. Mix it into a paste. If real thick add a little more apple cider, you want to be a nice smooth glaze.
- Apply the brown sugar glaze to your ham. Covering it. Put the ham on low and let cook 6-8 hours.
- When the ham is done, take it out the crock pot, serve it up and ENJOY!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 1207kcal Calories from fat 475|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 53g||82%|
|Saturated Fat 18g||90%|
|Dietary Fiber 9g||36%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Do you love this Crock Pot Apple Cider Spiced Ham? Follow me on Facebook and Instagram! Don’t want miss a recipe? Signup for my monthly newsletter with all the recipes posted in last month! Don’t forget to check out my Flavor Store for great tasting spices, dips, and so much more!