Creamy Cucumber Salad
This weekend was a very busy weekend for me, I spent most the weekend designing a template for my old blog magazine, The Lovely Pink Diva It is a magazine for all things women, we focus on beauty, fitness, lifestyle, and relationships on that blog. Long story but it been down for awhile and a few the writers asked me about bringing it back. Many women found it inspiring, it focused on being a woman and letting the inner diva come out, through those areas I mentioned. We as women forget we are women first, we focus on being a mom or our career, but what about the woman we are? That is what Lovely Pink Diva is about. So I got a lot of work cut out on that blog getting it ready for the August 1 opening.
I am excited about this, the bad thing is, I had to start all over, so all our old posts are gone, but I look at it as a new beginning, it a new template, it a new start and that is always a good thing. I will tell you since had to do this template from scratch basically, it had me also tinkering with this template, so yes you see many changes on here. Being that I am a typical Libra, I am looking at this as a whole and I am loving how I am getting Diva looking and now I am starting ti think new template over here!. I am holding off for a bit. I need to concentrate on Diva getting that template done, plus I admit I made customizations to this one, honestly, I don’t remember where I got the customizations from.
With it being hot, trying to lose weight, and being busy now that I am back at work and getting that template ready for Diva, I did not have an appetite. So I wanted something that is light, tasty and will satisfy the little appetite I had. Truth be told, it was more the heat as to why had no appetite. I had a beautiful cucumber in my fridge that a patient gave me. I also had some mint, most cucumber salads are dill based, what if we play it up and add a little cool mint to the mix, and you know what, it turns out to be a one really good combo!
A cool, creamy cucumber salad, perfect for hot weather
- First thing you want to do is score your cucumber with a fork, after you washed it. Just run the fork down it to make lines. What this does, it makes the cucumber a little more fancy looking for your salad. Yes, this step is optional.
- Next, slice the cucumber very thinly. See how nice they look with that scoring? Sometimes you need a little fancy for a salad that is simple. Anyway, after you slice the cucumber, put the slices in a bowl with the sliced green onions.
- Once you got the cucumbers and onions in the bowl, season them with the It’s a Dilly seasoning. Toss them so that the seasoning is through out the bowl. Set them aside while you work on the dressing.
- In a bowl, combine the vinegar, sour cream, chives, mint, pepper, and sugar. Mix it up well. You could use a plain yogurt instead sour cream if you want a healthier option.
- Pour the dressing over the cucumbers.
- Then mix everything together, make sure everything is covered by dressing.
- Then, let the salad sit in the fridge for about an hour, then serve the salad up and enjoy!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 155kcal Calories from fat 104|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 12g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||35%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|