Crab Salad Slaw Wraps is a wonderful combination of sweet crab with a tangy slaw mix inside a wrap sandwich. A recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen.
Thank you for the encouragement I got when I wrote about getting my heart broke again. The other day, I was reading this story online about this woman, who was a Food Blogger, and one of her fans wrote her and started this email relationship. Long story short, they fell in love over emails, finally met, he moved to Oregon, now they married.
I do bare things about myself on here and honestly, the chances of that happening to me is slim to none, but it is a nice thought, that Mr Right might read my blog and loves my personality, and a new story begins in my life. I will be honest, dating does suck. Just going through this sea of players, it is rough. I mean, what happened to old fashion dating or even communication? Everything is so automated anymore, including dating.
What I found interesting is that I am not alone in this dating world that has trouble finding someone. I read this article about JJ Watt, who s professional football player, who said he has trouble finding a girlfriend. In the article he says:
Does this person want me for me?’ — then you’re gonna have a hell of a hard time falling in love, ’cause you’re constantly thinking about what they look like on paper. Trust me, it’s a lot more difficult than I wish it was — but I’m sure hoping to find the right one.”
I understand that but from a different aspect. With me it was because of my ex-husband, he was mentally and emotionally abusive. He used me for the green card so he could become a doctor. It had a huge impact on me. Even though I know the chances of finding someone to do that again to me, it does stay with you. I want someone who wants me for me. I, 110% understand where he coming from, even though his comment is more about his fame. It Is still same general principle, someone wanting you for you.
Speaking of wanting something, let’s talk seafood. Either you like it or you don’t. Personally I love seafood. I mean, I think I have more protein dishes on here that is seafood related then anything else! So yes I wanted to do something with crab.
I wanted something different with crab salad. I love cole slaw, I do like pairing slaw on a sandwich. Hey I’m from Pittsburgh, we like putting things together on a sandwich, what can I say. Anyway, saw this recipe from Justin Wilson, the Cajun chef, who did this fusion of crab and slaw, I loved the idea of that, so a little of this a little of that, and viola! The wrap was born.Print
A wonderful combination of sweet crab with a tangy slaw mix inside a wrap sandwich. A recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen.
- 1 bag of cole slaw mix
- 1 cup thinly sliced bell pepper
- 1 carrot (sliced thin)
- 1 medium onion (sliced into thin half rings)
- 1 lb imitation crabmeat or 1 lb fresh white crab meat
- 1 cup ⁄4 olive oil
- 1 cup ⁄4 balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ⁄2 garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- dash old bay seasoning
- 6 tortillas wraps
- In a large bowl, combine cole slaw mix, bell pepper, carrots, onions, and crab meat
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, garlic powder,lemon juice, sugar, mayonnaise, and the Old Bay Seasoning, Taste the dressing to see if you need to adjust the seasoning.
- Next pour the dressing over the crab slaw and mix until well coated.
- Put the slaw in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Take the slaw out the fridge and in the middle of a tortilla wrap, place a nice heaping spoonful of the slaw.
- Roll the wrap up, slice in half and ENJOY!
On the back of tortilla wraps s instructions on how to wrap up a wrap.