Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookie Bars #Choctoberfest
Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookie Bars are part of #Chocotoberfest This is a chocolate lover’s delight in this cookie bar.
When it comes to chocolate, let’s face it people simply love it. I know I do! This week is a special week for me, I turn 40 on October 6, so chocolate does seem a good way to celebrate does it not? So When I heard about:
It was perfect for me! I love making chocolate goodies! The event is being sponsored by Imperial Sugar, which is a brand I love baking with. So yes I had to participate in this week-long event.
I have come up with 3 chocolate yummy recipes for this:
This Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookie Bars
and the last one is an Apple Fall Salad with Chocolate Vinaigrette.
I am beyond excited today because it is October 5…. and that means it is the first day of #Choctoberfest! #Choctoberfest is a virtual chocolate event put together by The PinterTest Kitchen. Bloggers from around the world will be posting their favorite chocolate recipes, and you’ll get a chance to win some awesome prizes. Now, do you see why I had to participate?
Here’s what this event is all about!
#Choctoberfest would not be possible without our sponsors, starting with our 2015 Gold Sponsor, Imperial Sugar. Imperial Sugar has been a trusted name in family kitchens since 1843. Their sugar products and sweeteners are made from non-GMO cane sugar and ensure consistently delicious results. We’ll be using Imperial Sugar whenever we use sugar in our recipes this week, and can’t wait to share the sweetness with you!
You can find Imperial Sugar on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and more. Make sure you visit the recipes section of their website for some sweet inspiration, and you can also find coupons on their website if you want to try out Imperial Sugar yourself.
Imperial Sugar and our other sponsors have banded together to contribute some awesome prizes for our #Choctoberfest giveaway! Entering is simple – just click below to follow us on Pinterest. Here’s what you could win:
- My First Cookbook and Granulated Sugar from Imperial Sugar
- Chocolate Mint Essential Woman Omega Swirl and Chocolate Silk Greens from Barlean’s
- Chocolate bars (dark, milk, and white) from Lindt Chocolate
- Hemp seed prize pack (hulled hemp seed, toasted hemp seed, hemp seed oil, and hemp protein powder) from Just Hemp Foods
- Divine Chocolate gift set (15 flavors of chocolate bars!) from Divine Chocolate
- Dark chocolate caramels from Tahana Confections
- Vintage inspired gathering apron from Bless This Mess
- Lulu’s Lovepack (6 flavors of chocolate bars!) from Lulu’s Chocolate
- Pure Chocolate Lovers Supreme gift box from Pearson Farm
We also have a nonprofit sponsor this year – Rescue Chocolate! They make vegan chocolate treats and donate 100% of their proceeds to animal shelters.
Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookie Bars
So I was playing around in the kitchen trying to think up ideas to make for Choctober. I do make a chocolate chip cookie that has pudding in it. However, I was in the mood to make a cookie bar instead of regular cookies.
I thought, hey I have some chocolate pudding, why not add that to the bars. My thought was by adding the pudding to the chocolate chip bars would just increase the moistness. I did not realize the whole bar would end up being chocolate.
It was a mistake, but a good mistake at that. The results were one good chocolate goodie. That was how the Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookie Bars started.
This Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookie Bars would pair perfectly with:
HOW TO MAKE A PERFECT IRISH COFFEE from Everyday Eileen
Vanilla Bean Iced Coffee from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate from Palatable Pastime
It is #Chocotoberfest time! Let's start it off with a chocolate lover's delight in this cookie bar! A recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup Imperial white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1 cups ⁄4 all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoon ⁄4 salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch pan, and pre heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter with the Imperial white sugar and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Add in eggs, milk, and vanilla; beat until well combined.
- In another bowl mix together flour with pudding mix, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture until combined.
- Mix in chocolate chips and transfer the mixture to prepared baking pan then spread out using a spoon.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Take the bars out the oven to cool, slice them up and ENJOY!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 390kcal Calories from fat 185|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 21g||32%|
|Saturated Fat 13g||65%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|