It is #Chocotoberfest time! Let’s start it off with a chocolate lover’s delight in this cookie bar, Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookie Bars! A recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen.
When it comes to chocolate, let’s face it people simply love it. I know I do! This week is a special week for me, I turn 40 on October 6, so chocolate does seem a good way to celebrate does it not? So When I heard about:
It was perfect for me! I love making chocolate goodies! The event is being sponsored by Imperial Sugar, which is a brand I love baking with, so yes I had to participate in this week-long event. I have come up with 3 chocolate yummy recipes for this: This Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookie Bars, A Chocolate Peanut Butter Dream Bars, and the last one is an Apple Fall Salad with Chocolate Vinaigrette.
I am beyond excited today because it is October 5…. and that means it is the first day of #Choctoberfest! #Choctoberfest is a virtual chocolate event put together by The PinterTest Kitchen. Bloggers from around the world will be posting their favorite chocolate recipes, and you’ll get a chance to win some awesome prizes. Now, do you see why I had to participate?
Here’s what this event is all about!
#Choctoberfest would not be possible without our sponsors, starting with our 2015 Gold Sponsor, Imperial Sugar. Imperial Sugar has been a trusted name in family kitchens since 1843. Their sugar products and sweeteners are made from non-GMO cane sugar and ensure consistently delicious results. We’ll be using Imperial Sugar whenever we use sugar in our recipes this week, and can’t wait to share the sweetness with you!
You can find Imperial Sugar on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and more. Make sure you visit the recipes section of their website for some sweet inspiration, and you can also find coupons on their website if you want to try out Imperial Sugar yourself.
Imperial Sugar and our other sponsors have banded together to contribute some awesome prizes for our #Choctoberfest giveaway! Entering is simple – just click below to follow us on Pinterest. Here’s what you could win:
- My First Cookbook and Granulated Sugar from Imperial Sugar
- Chocolate Mint Essential Woman Omega Swirl and Chocolate Silk Greens from Barlean’s
- Chocolate bars (dark, milk, and white) from Lindt Chocolate
- Hemp seed prize pack (hulled hemp seed, toasted hemp seed, hemp seed oil, and hemp protein powder) from Just Hemp Foods
- Divine Chocolate gift set (15 flavors of chocolate bars!) from Divine Chocolate
- Dark chocolate caramels from Tahana Confections
- Vintage inspired gathering apron from Bless This Mess
- Lulu’s Lovepack (6 flavors of chocolate bars!) from Lulu’s Chocolate
- Pure Chocolate Lovers Supreme gift box from Pearson Farm
We also have a nonprofit sponsor this year – Rescue Chocolate! They make vegan chocolate treats and donate 100% of their proceeds to animal shelters.
Enter now to win the #Choctoberfest prize. Hurry, because we’re picking the winner on October 12 at 8:00 AM, so if you don’t sign up before then, you’ll miss your chance!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
So I was playing around in the kitchen. I make a chocolate chip cookie that has pudding in it. I was in the mood to make a cookie bar. I thought, hey I have some chocolate pudding, why not add that to this. I was thinking it would just increase the moistness, I did not realize the whole bar would be chocolate. It was a mistake, but a good mistake. The results was one good chocolate goodie.
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup Imperial white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1 cups ⁄4 all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoon ⁄4 salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch pan, and pre heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter with the Imperial white sugar and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Add in eggs, milk, and vanilla; beat until well combined.
- In another bowl mix together flour with pudding mix, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture until combined.
- Mix in chocolate chips and transfer the mixture to prepared baking pan then spread out using a spoon.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Take the bars out the oven to cool, slice them up and ENJOY!
**I received sugar from Imperial Sugar in exchange for developing this recipe**
A huge thank you to all of the other blogs participating in #Choctoberfest 2015. Check out their blogs throughout the week for chocolate recipes you won’t be able to resist:
The PinterTest Kitchen • 2 Cookin’ Mamas • A Day in the Life on the Farm • Aloha Flavor • Amy’s Cooking Adventures • Angels Homestead • Balancing Motherhood • Bless this Mess • Busy-at-Home • Chocolate Slopes • Coconut & Lime • Colie’s Kitchen • Cookaholic Wife • Cooking In Stilettos • Cooking With Libby • Cookistry • CopyKat Recipes • Cravings of a Lunatic • Crumbs in my Mustachio • Culinary Couture • Cupcakes Take The Cake • Deliciously Savvy • Eat It & Say Yum • Fairyburger • Famished Fish, Finicky Shark • Farm Fresh Feasts • Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine • Full Belly Sisters • Get Off The Couch and Cook • Grumpy’s Honeybunch • Hey What’s for Dinner Mom? • Honey and Birch • I Can Cook That • Jane’s Adventures in Dinner • Jessie Weaver • Life on Food • Life, Love, and Good Food • Majorly Delicious • Moore or Less Cooking Food Blog • Mother Would Know • Or Whatever You Do • Poet in the Pantry • Recipes Food and Cooking • Rhubarb and Honey • Sassy Southern Yankee • Savory Tart • Seduction in The Kitchen • Serena Lissy • Sumptuous Spoonfuls • Take Two Tapas • That Skinny Chick Can Bake • ThatsSoYummy • The Chonchudo Files • The Crumby Cupcake • The Dinner-Mom • The Saucy Southerner • The Spiced Life • The Spiffy Cookie • The Two Bite Club • The Weekday Gourmet • Vintage Kitty • Wendy Polisi • What A Girl Eats • WhitBit’s Indian Kitchen • Wit Wisdom & Food • Zesty South Indian Kitchen
Are you a blogger who is interested in joining us during our next community event? Sign up here now! We’ll make sure you get an email about our next blogger event.