Breaded Veal with Bacon Mushroom Sauce is a veal dish that is complimented with a smokey German bacon sauce. One bite and you will be in love!
Impress A Guy
I like to cook as you can tell. One the things I like to do when I am trying to impress a guy is making him a meal. I like cooking for other people, what can I say. I take delight in seeing their face light up when they take a bite and declare the dish I have prepared as delicious.
To me, that is the pure joy in cooking when you see that. Recently I invited a man over to dinner, and I told him he could choose whatever he would like to have. After a few dirty jokes, I learned do not phrase it as that, he Breaded Veal as the dish he likes to eat.
Breaded Veal with Bacon Mushroom Sauce
This is perfect! I just read a recipe for a German-style sauce that had bacon in it. I know I could make this breaded Veal almost like a schnitzel style dish. I have not done many dishes from my own ethnic background, which is German. This guy requesting a veal dish gives me a chance to try a new dish and to try something from my own ethnic background.
When I get a request like this, of something I have not done much of, I look at it with delight. I love to tackle something that may sound complex. I know if you overcook veal it can be very tough.
I wanted to impress this guy, might not be a great move, especially after bragging what a great cook you are, for the first meal as a date, but I did it. I had faith in myself and in my cooking skills. Turned out great, thank heavens.
It is good to have faith in yourself and in the culinary skills you have. Why? Because when you do, the dish you’re trying to make will come out delicious. That is what this Breaded Veal dish is.
In fact, it came out so good that my date asked when he can have another meal at my place, he was that impressed with it. Plus the sauce also inspired me to maybe play with it and make a bacon soup out of it. Hmmm, who knows maybe it will be the next dish I post on here.
Try my other date impressive dishes:
A tasty veal dish with a German smokey bacon sauce. A recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen.
- 1 lb veal scallopini
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 4 slices bacon diced
- 2/3 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 lb sliced mushroom
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry wine
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 dash thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- First, tenderize the veal. This can be done by pounding it or what I have is this tool with many tiny knives in it. It pierces the meat and tenderizes it just right. Then in a ziploc bag, I add the flour and breadcrumbs, then mix it up together, In a bowl add the eggs and milk and whisk it together. I add the veal to the egg mixture to get the meat wet with it, then put the meat in the ziploc bag and shake it so the veal is covered in the breading.
- Then heat up the oil and pan fry the veal for about 2 minutes on each side, then put the veal aside after it is done so you can use the pan for the sauce.
- Do not worry about cleaning out the pan after the veal is done. Just add the bacon and onions to the pan. Saute the onions and bacon until the bacon starts to get crispy.
- Then add the mushrooms to the onion and bacon. Keep sauteing the mixture till the bacon is crispy and the onions are nice and golden.
- Then add the broth, wine, vinegar, thyme, paprika, salt, pepper, sugar, parsley, and tomato paste. Stir it till everything is well blended. Let the sauce simmer for about 5-6 minutes to help reduce it.
- Then add the sour cream to the sauce stir it in and let cook for additional 2 minutes.
- Spoon the sauce over the veal and ENJOY!
Is this something you would love to whip up in your kitchen? Share it and inspire others with this recipe!