I have said it before but life can be funny sometimes. And sometimes you may towards others ways to help get you through those funny times. I was asked to do a review for The Caring Cross. At first I was like, how do you review a cross? Seeing the photos of this cross:
The Caring Cross is designed to fit comfortably into the palm of your hand as an aid to prayer or meditation. Ideal as your spiritual companion for easing children’s fears, comforting worries and stresses of adults and focusing the prayer of the sick and elderly.
These crosses retail for $3.99. In all honesty for the price and to see the craftsmanship, these crosses really are a bargain. They say everything happens for a reason, I think getting this cross for a review happened at the right time in my life. Truthfully, it something my mom needed. You can learn more about The Caring Cross on their Facebook Page.
So, as I mentioned in the Meatball Salad Sliders I made 3 dishes for the Halloween party. This salad is one of those dishes. This salad is actually the host of the party favorite dish I make. The original recipe I got off of Taste of Homes, but I adjusted it to what I like. What I like, so does my friends. The secret is the dressing, it is what makes this dish.
A easy Italian salad that you will love from Seduction in the Kitchen
- 1/2 box medium pasta shells
- 1 ounces jar giardiniera (16)
- 2 slices thick Deli mozzarella cheese
- 2 slices thick Deli salami
- 1 slice thick Deli ham
- 1 ounces package sliced pepperoni (halved, 3-1/2)
- 1/2 large green pepper (cut into chunks)
- 1 ounces can pitted ripe olives (drained, 6)
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup of reserved giardiniera liquid
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- First you want to cook and drain the shells, then set them aside. Then pour off 1/2 cup of the giardiniera liquid, and set that aside, you need that for the dressing. Then drain the rest the liquid and add the pickled vegetables to a bowl along with the olives and green pepper.
- It is MUCH cheaper to get slices from the Deli for the meat and cheeses then buying a sticks and cutting it up. I find if I ask for about a size 6 it a good thickness for a salad. Tell the Deli person you need it for a salad if they don’t have a thickness number scale to look at to decide what you need. They will help you out and give a good thickness for the salad. Anyway, cube up the meats and cheeses and add to the vegetables, along with the halved pepperoni.
- To that reserved giardiniera liquid, add the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper, whisk it all together.
- Add the cooked pasta to the salad, and pour the dressing over the salad.
- Mix everything together and let it sit in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Take it out the fridge, give it one more stir and then ENJOY!
- I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
- Calories: 320